I started from this 21st birthday basket on pinterest. Here's what I came up with:
What I used to create it:
- A flower pot from the dollar store
- Tissue paper from dollar store wrapped around and taped on inside of the pot and a white ribbon tied around the top.
- Fake flower arrangement sponge from the dollar store placed in the center
- Blue and green river rocks from the dollar store to hold down the sponge
- Flower sticks from Michael's wrapped with pipe cleaners (about 3 to 4 per stick with a few inches free at end) stuck in the sponge
- Travel sized spirits and baby things from Babies 'R Us - ends of pipe cleaners were wrapped around the neck and any tabs available on the toys/clothes
- A yoda rattle I sewed myself! I used this tutorial as a jumping-off point (I used fabric instead of felt, which ended up being a bit harder because I had to sew around the edge several times which was ANNOYING when I had the filling in it! Ah well, it turned out ok anyways!).
NOTE: this basket did NOT travel well! It ended up falling over in the car and I had to pick up all the rocks that had fallen under the seat. However, that was probably due to my lack of preparation rather than a problem with the actual finished project. But be warned that you should put it in your car in a way that it won't move!